Search This Blog

Sunday 5 February 2017

The Memory - Part 1

VOLUME 1 : CHAPTER 1


Trudging through fauna filled ground where the trees exude varying shades of brown, red and yellow, the night is encased in a filtering bluish moonlight that cascades over the leaves and bark of the forest. I find myself almost drowning in the blur of the dreamy sight. It is a beautiful sight.

I am reminded by a particular memory.. one that has long past.


Not long after I soon found myself staring at a very picturesque looking cabin. The cabin was settled nearby a small stream which waters gradually flowed through it, hardly making a sound.
As i encroached nearer, i realized on one of the two square windows was an illumination of orange. Shadows flickering about on the window pane most likely caused by a lighted candle being moved about.

I stopped roughly 10 meters from the small steps leading up to the front door. Low hushed whispers from the cabin subtly flowing itself to my ears. They must have noticed my footsteps leading up to the house as the door creaked slightly open and a mellow sounding voice followed.

"Who's there?"

I didn't reply. Both waiting a brief moment before she spoke again.

"Are you lost?"

"Depends on your definition of lost", I replied with an expressionless tone.

"Well.. what are you then?", her voice faltering in slight confusion.

"No.. not lost, just passing through. Although its awfully cold tonight. A small warm space to lie down would be nice", I asked.

A momentary silence filled the atmosphere.

"I haven't been able to see you clearly sir. Can you move closer?", she requested.

"Very well".

No comments:

Post a Comment